Monday, May 18, 2015

Abortions and homeless veterans.

That's a hell of a title, isn't it? What could those two things possibly have to do with one another? Not much, on it's face, but I've been thinking. Congressional Republicans, and some Democrats have had it out for abortion for a long time. Recently they've been at it again. I don't think I've seen one bill proposed this session to even lift a finger to help homeless veterans. These people were and are ready, willing and able to give the ultimate sacrifice for our country's interest. I'm not pro-war, I think it's the most anti-survivalist endeavor we humans have ever undertaken. I do support the men and women who volunteer to run....no, sprint towards danger for those of us who cannot. I don't like to put people on a pedestal, but these people deserve to be there. In one of the richest nations on earth this is how we treat our homeless veterans. "Thanks for your selflessness, and your service, now go live in a box."

Something needs to change. Our priorities are so messed up on this issue. We are bound and determined to make abortion as hard to get as possible, if not illegal, while ignoring the plight of our veterans who come home broken and hurting.

#VeteransLivesMatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment