Monday, October 10, 2016

I am Jack's rampant hypocrisy

I'm probably going to lose some of the two readers I have, but this is important for me to say. I'm not excusing Donald Trump's words or behavior toward women. Please understand I'm eating buckets full of pride with this post, this isn't something I'm very happy about, and I'm still not voting for him.

Donald Trump has said some horrible things about women, and has sexually assaulted some. I initially was angry, and hurt, because for all of his shortcomings I do respect him. I wish he wasn't such a lecherous jackass, but you take the good with the bad.

 I was taken to the woodshed by God for not forgiving him. Emotionally, it was excruciatingly painful for me. I cried, I threw a fit, but in the end, I realized that I fall far short of God's best for me multiple times a minute every day. And I ask God to forgive me and try to do better. But what right do I have to ask for forgiveness, if I have no forgiveness for others? So I got smacked in the face with my own hypocrisy and self-righteousness. Two things I didn't realize were there, and that revelation made me hate myself.

So, DJ, if you ever read this, I'm sorry for holding forgiveness from you, while asking it for myself. I do forgive you, and I do love you. Let's both try harder to be better people.

No comments:

Post a Comment